This lemon and garlic chicken dish comes together with relatively little effort and basic pantry staples.
If you’re looking for an easy chicken recipe, you’ve come to the right place!
The tang of the lemon, plus the pungent garlic and aromatic herbs has made this chicken a family favorite in our house!
LEMON + GARLIC CHICKEN
- 8 chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- one lemon, cut into thin slices
- 4 Tbsp dried herbs, such as rosemary, thyme, oregano
- 3 tsp of salt, or as needed
- black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup water
- Placed cut chicken pieces into medium-sized cooking pot.
- To this, add lemon slices, making sure to remove the seeds first.
- Add garlic, herbs, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add water, cover, and place on medium heat.
- When the pot comes to a boil, lower heat to medium-low and simmer for about 35 minutes.
- Once chicken is fully cooked, taste and add additional salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve while warm. Pairs well with rice and vegetables.